- 6 lbs Lean Pork
- 4 lbs Lean Pork Trimmings
- 3 cups Ice Water
- 75 g Salt
- 21 g Seasoning mix (below)
- 4-5 Large Eggs
- 14 g Baking Powder
- 4 tbs Milk Powder
- Zest from ½ Lemon
Grind meat together with ice water 3 times through the fine blade.
Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Fill into 22/24 mm Sheep Casings and link 7 inches long.
Grill on a low heat or pan fry and serve a pair on a hard roll.
- Lean Pork can be substituted with Veal.
- Milk powder can also be replaced with 1/2 cup of heavy cream, but you have to reduce the water by the same amount.
- 21 mm clear Collagen casing could be used instead of sheep casings.
Sechsaemter Bratwurst Seasoning:
- 100 g White Pepper
- 25 g Mace
- 25 g Nutmeg
- 25 g Cardamon
All herbs and spices are ground or granulated!
Mix thoroughly and store in an airtight container!