A Christmas Eve Tradition in our House.
- 10 lbs assorted sliced Lunch-meats including some Blood Sausage & Salami
- 4 oz Capers drained
- ½ lb Swiss Cheese
- 1 large Glass Bismarck Herring
- 1 large Onion
- 3 large Sweet-Sour Pickles
- 7 Eggs, hard boiled
- 14 Potatoes, medium size cooked
- ¾ cup Pickle Juice (about)
- 12 Eggs , hard boiled for Garnish
Cook whole potatoes until tender, peel and allow to cool.
Cut lunch meats and cheese into strips.
Dice the onions, pickles, eggs and herring.
Quarter and slice the potatoes.
Mix all the ingredients together adding as much mayo as needed.
Garnish with quartered eggs.
This salad was and is a Christmas Eve tradition in our house and has always been made in these quantities.