- 250 g Flour
- 7 g Baking Powder
- 300 g Sugar
- 9 g Vanilla Sugar
- 150 g Candied Lemon and Orange Peel, finely chopped
- 200 g Almonds, ground
- 3 tsp Lebkuchen Spice
- 1 tsp Cloves, ground
- 250 ml Milk
- 150 g Butter, liquefied
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tbs Apricot Marmalade, optional
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar, candied lemon and orange peel, nuts, lebkuchen spice and ground cloves in a bowl and mix thoroughly by hand.
Mix together the milk, butter, honey and eggs and knead well into the dry ingredient mix.
Cover a baking pan with parchment paper, transfer the dough on it and spread it evenly.
Bake in preheated 390°F convection oven for 20 to 30 minutes until light brown.
- Brush the still warm Lebkuchen with Apricot marmalade
(Heat 3 tbs marmalade with 1 tbs water and brush on),
- cover with a chocolate coating
- or just dust with confectioners sugar
Let cool and cut into pieces to serve