- 400 g Smoked Salmon
- 300 g Cream Cheese
- 2 tbs Horseradish, prepared
- 2 tbs Tartar Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
For the Garnish:
- 4 Eggs, hard boiled
- 5 Sweet-Sour Pickles
- 3 tbs Caviar
- 1 Bunch Dill, fresh
- Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Baguette
Combine the cream cheese with horseradish, tartar sauce and salt (to taste) and blend thoroughly.
Peel and slice the hard boiled eggs.
Cut bread (baguette) about ½ inch thick and spread with cream cheese mix.
Top with smoked salmon and garnish with a slice of egg, some caviar and onion slice.
Place on serving platter and decorate with sprigs of fresh dill.
- Smoked Salmon, we make our own.
- Caviar, use the cheaper Lumpfish Caviar.
- Tartar Sauce, we make our own.
- Onion slices, if you want to prepare these bites ahead of time or cut down on the sharpness you can blanch the onion slices.
- Sweet-Sour Pickles, we use Gundelsheim Barrel Pickles from Germany, bought in ethnic food stores and we also found them in the imported food section of our supermarket chain(s).