The Bratwurst the way we made it in our Store in Troy, Michigan.
- 10 lb Pork Shoulder Butts, boneless and trimmed
- 1½ lbs Ice-cold Water
- 79 g Salt
- 20 g Seasoning mix (below)
- 4-5 Medium Eggs
- 14 g Baking Powder
- 4 tbs Milk Powder
- Zest from ½ Lemon
Grind meat through the fine blade.
Dissolve salt and seasoning mix in water
Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Fill into 30/32 mm hog casings and link 6 inches long.
The way we cook our Sausage:
● Place Sausage in Frying Pan and cover with water.
● Simmer Sausage until done – Caution: If water temperature goes above 170°F – Sausage might split open!
● Pour out water and brown sausages with some butter/oil or grill them on the BBQ
Golden Gate Meats Bratwurst Seasoning:
- 100 g White Pepper
- 25 g Mace
- 25 g Nutmeg
- 25 g Cardamon
All herbs and spices are ground or granulated!
Mix thoroughly and store in an airtight container!