- 5 lbs Pork Shoulder Butts, boneless and trimmed
- 38 g Salt
- 3.2 g Black Pepper
- 8 g Fennel Seed, whole or cracked*
- 7.5 g Crushed Red Pepper**
- 10 g Paprika
- Add a Dash of Ground Marjoram and Oregano for each 5# of meat.
Grind meat through the fine blade.
Dissolve salt and seasoning mix in water
Add to meat and mix thoroughly.
Fill into 30/32 mm hog casings and link 6 inches long.
* If stronger Fennel taste is desired, increase the amount or add some ground Fennel. We usually use a combination of whole and cracked Fennel.
** Crushed Red Pepper should be adjusted to desired heat of Sausage from 1g to 2g per pound.
The way we cook our Sausage:
● Place Sausage in Frying Pan and cover with water.
● Simmer Sausage until done – Caution: If water temperature goes above 170°F – Sausage might split open!
● Pour out water and brown sausages with some butter/oil or grill them on the BBQ