- 5 lbs Lean Pork
- 5 lbs Lean Pork Trimmings
- 55 g Salt
- 11.25 g Pink Cure (6% Sodium Nitrite)
- 11.25 g Smoke Flavored Salt
- 20 g Seasoning mix (below)
- 20 g Sugar
- 10 g Garlic, granulated
Separate boneless pork shoulder butts into lean pieces and trimmings.
Grind trimmings through the fine blade.
Combine ground trimmings with the pork pieces and grind together through a coarse blade.
Dissolve the rest of the ingredients in some cold water and add to the meat.
Fill into 29/32 mm Hog Casings and link 5 inches long.
Place in oven and bake at low temperature (250°F) for about 45 minutes.
Check temperature with a meat thermometer, the sausage is done when the inside temperature reaches 155°F.
Polish Sausage Seasoning:
- 100 g White Pepper
- 50 g Majoram
- 50 g Nutmeg
All herbs and spices are ground or granulated!
We used to add MSG which we later omitted.
Mix spices thoroughly and store in an airtight container!
The way we cook our Sausage:
● Place Sausage in Frying Pan and cover with water.
● Simmer Sausage until heated through – Caution: If water temperature goes above 170°F – Sausage might split open!
● Pour out water and brown sausages with some butter/oil or grill them on the BBQ