No Smokehouse needed!
- 10 lbs Pork Shoulder Butts, boneless
- 55 g Salt
- 11.25 g Pink Cure (6% Sodium Nitrite)
- 11.25 g Smoke Flavored Salt
- 11 g Seasoning Premix
- 10 g Hungarian Paprika
- 7 g Garlic Powder, granulated
Grind meat through the fine blade.
Dissolve salt and seasoning mix in water
Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Fill into 29/32 mm Hog Casings and link to desired length. 30 mm edible collagen casings can also be used.
Place in oven and bake at low temperature (250°F) for about 45 minutes.
Check temperature with a meat thermometer, the sausage is done when the inside temperature reaches 155°F.
The way we cook our Sausage:
● Place Sausage in Frying Pan and cover with water.
● Simmer Sausage until done – Caution: If water temperature goes above 170°F – Sausage might split open!
● Pour out water and brown sausages with some butter/oil or grill them on the BBQ
Pork Sausage Seasoning:
- 35 g White Pepper
- 11 g Mace
- 7 g Ginger
- 2 g Celery Seed, ground
All herbs and spices are ground or granulated!
We used to add MSG which we later omitted.
Mix spices thoroughly and store in an airtight container!